By Loren K. Baynes, Director, Global Marketing Communications, The Open Group
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, The Open Group will host its upcoming virtual event (which was originally planned to take place face-to-face in Mumbai, India) on April 27 – 29, 2020. As an organization that prides itself on bringing people together globally, it is important to us that we continue to do so during these uncertain times. Everyone’s health and safety are the key priorities. The Open Group has planned for the virtual event to be conducive to time zones across the globe.
Over the course of the three days, vendors and end-user organizations from across the world will gather virtually to discuss a range of subjects focused around a central theme of Digital First – a topic that has never been more pertinent as technology and business leaders are faced with the challenge to rapidly become digital enterprises.
After a warm welcome by Steve Nunn, President and CEO of The Open Group, presentations on Monday will guide the transition to “Digital First”, including talks on ‘IT Enabled Digital Transformation’ and ‘Open Standards for Digital’. Dr Pallab Saha, Chief Architect (South Asia) at The Open Group will host a session focusing on ‘Digital India’, discussing the initiative’s progress since it was launched in 2014, and how it has paved the way for even greater changes in the coming years.
On Tuesday, attendees will be able to join industry-specific sessions looking at ‘Digital First in the Commercial Aviation Sector’ and ‘Digital Challenges for the Oil and Gas Industry’. Talks later in the day will provide insights on how leaders can digitally transform through becoming more agile, leveraging emerging technologies, and creating new business models.
On Wednesday, attendees will have the opportunity to attend the Data Science Workshop, ‘An Experiential Journey with Data to Inspire Your Work’. During this session, attendees will be introduced to new ways to think about and apply data to solve key challenges within their own organizations. By focusing on a real-business application of analytics, the session will take attendees on a step-by-step experiential journey exploring how Data Science is being used by IBM to improve customer experience.
Key speakers at the event include:
- Steve Nunn, President & CEO, The Open Group
- Remy Alexander, Director, Global Digital Practice, Philips IT
- Dr Pallab Saha, Chief Architect (South Asia), The Open Group
- David Lounsbury, CTO & VP Services, The Open Group
- Maureen Norton, Chief Analytics Officer & Marketing Intelligence Professional, IBM
- Michael Fulton, AVP Technology Strategy & Innovation, Nationwide
- Deepak Bisen, Enterprise Architect, Tata Consultancy Services
- Pedro Vieira, Digital Engineering Manager, Petrobras
- Jose Kuzhivelil, Director, Capgemini
Additional key topics of discussion include:
- Digital in Practice – How The Open Group Digital Practitioner Body of Knowledge™ (DPBoK) Standard provides a foundational set of concepts for a practitioner to make sense of the landscape they find in any organization attempting to deliver digital products
- Enterprise Architecture in the Digital Age – Presentations on Enterprise Architecture will focus on how the field will change as organizations switch to Agile, and the new traits of Enterprise Architects
- Digital Transformation and the IT4IT™ Standard – These sessions will focus on how organizations are using the IT4IT Reference Architecture standard to holistically manage Digital end-to-end
- TOGAF® User Group – On Wednesday, this user group will bring together key stakeholders to share best practices and learn about how TOGAF® can be used in a digital first environment
Full details of the agenda and speakers at the event can be found here.
Registration for The Open Group ‘Digital First’ virtual event is now open, and is available to Members and non-members. More information can be found here. Registration is free. Please join us!
The world may be physically at a standstill and logistically distancing. But The Open Group is standing and staying connected with our Members, customers, presenters, partners, and staff around the world. Looking forward to you all participating.
Please stay safe and healthy!
Loren K. Baynes, Director, Global Marketing Communications, joined The Open Group in 2013 and spearheads corporate marketing initiatives, primarily the website, blog, media relations, and social media. Loren has over 25 years experience in brand marketing and public relations and, prior to The Open Group, was with The Walt Disney Company for over 10 years. Loren holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Texas A&M University. She is based in the US.