The Open Group, the vendor-neutral technology standards consortium, is hosting its upcoming event in Scottsdale, Arizona, January 28-31, 2019. The Open Group Scottsdale 2019 will bring together vendors and end user organizations to discuss ’Digital in Practice and the Supply Chain’. Hundreds of attendees are expected including, Enterprise Architects, engineers, technologists, and end-users representing many businesses and governments.
Plenary presentations on Monday will focus on the standards, architectures, and business frameworks that support and enable the transition to the modern Digital Enterprise. Those attending will also learn how The Open Trusted Technology Provider™ Standard (O-TTPS) is progressing in the real world of government acquisitions. The Open Group will also host a Business Architecture Day on Wednesday, January 30, during which industry experts will come together to discuss what businesses are doing to maximize the value of business architecture.
Key speakers at the event include:
- Steve Nunn, President & CEO, The Open Group
- Jim Hietala, Vice President, Business Development & Security, The Open Group
- Andrew Josey, VP, Standards & Certification, The Open Group
- Christopher Frost, Principal EA, Technology Strategy Office, Fujitsu
- John Bowling, Technical Expert, Avionics Architectures & Interoperability, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center
- Maureen Norton, Chief Analytics Officer & Marketing Intelligence Professional, IBM
- Joanne Woytek, Program Manager, NASA SEWP Program
Additional key topics of discussion include:
- Joint General Session– The Open Group and NASA SEWP will come together in a joint general session on Monday morning to explore the importance of open standards in procurement, and how to reduce the risk of counterfeit and tainted products in the supply chain.
- The Profession and Value of Data Science – Tuesday’s session will focus on a “day in the life of a data scientist”, and why this profession is becoming the next focus for certification by The Open Group. Steve Nunn, CEO, The Open Group will also interview George Stark, Distinguished Engineer, Statistics & Quality, IBM about the profession and value of Data Science.
- The IT Management Professional Special Event – Taking place Wednesday morning, this free event will feature customer success stories from Boeing, Raytheon, and Nationwide on how they are transforming IT using The Open Group IT4IT™ standard. Also, there will be a panel of major industry vendors sharing the ways in which they accelerate their customers’ competitive advantage by applying the IT4IT standard.
Full details of the agenda and speakers at the event can be found here.
Registration for The Open Group Scottsdale event is open now and is available to members and non-members. More information can be found here.