By Loren K. Baynes, Director, Global Marketing Communications, The Open Group
Tuesday, October 30, the second day of The Open Group Singapore event – Managing Digital Enterprises – started with a discussion between Steve Nunn, President and CEO of The Open Group, and Dave Hornford, Managing Partner, Conexiam based on the Seven Levers of Digital Transformation White Paper which was published in 2017.
This was followed by an excellent presentation by Sonia Gonzalez, Director, Architecture and ArchiMate® Forums, The Open Group, on the TOGAF® Standard, Version 9.2 and how Enterprise Architecture (EA) as a practice can use both the TOGAF standard and the ArchiMate® modeling language to support Business Transformation. Sonia also described an approach to building an agile EA capability and referenced the TOGAF Leader’s Guide.
Following Sonia was Bradley Houk, Senior Engineering Advisor, ExxonMobil, who examined how advances in digital technology are making it possible to move from the traditional closed proprietary industrial control systems to an open architecture based on industry standards. He highlighted the work of The Open Group Open Process Automation™ Forum and the benefits of taking such an approach.
The plenary sessions concluded with an interesting presentation from Florian Mayar, Project Manager, BMW Mobility Technologies, on what we need to do to break up the silos across IoT Mobility. He illustrated how this can be achieved using projects such as bIoTope (an EU-funded project) that is part of the Horizon 2020 initiative.
The afternoon sessions were split into tracks on Thinking Digital First and Architecting with New Technology and included:
- The Nine Fallacies of Analog Management – Peter Haviland, CTO Strategy and Architecture, Australia Post
- Agile Architecture in the Digital Age – Frederic Le, DXC Technology, Jean-Pierre Le Cam, Société Générale, and Antoine Lonjon, Mega International
- EA in an Innovative World – Suresh Done, President, SNA Technologies
- Using the IT4IT™ Standard as the Unifying Framework for Digital and Traditional Services – David Favelle, CEO, Valueflow
- Think Big, Start Small – Tried and True Approach for IT4IT™ Implementation – Prafull Verma, Chief Architect, HCL Technologies
- Architecting IT Organizations at the Digital Age – Francis Uy, CEO, Sinag Solutions
The evening ended with another great networking opportunity at the spectacular Singapore Flyer and Sky View Pavilion Restaurant.
http://www.opengroup.org @theopengroup #ogSGP
Loren K. Baynes, Director, Global Marketing Communications, joined The Open Group in 2013 and spearheads corporate marketing initiatives, primarily the website, blog, media relations, and social media. Loren has over 25 years experience in brand marketing and public relations and, prior to The Open Group, was with The Walt Disney Company for over 10 years. Loren holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Texas A&M University. She is based in the US.