The Open Group, the vendor-neutral technology standards consortium, is hosting its upcoming event in Singapore, October 29 – November 1, 2018. The Open Group Singapore 2018 will bring together vendors and end user organizations to discuss the development of standards-based and interoperable architecture. The event will focus not only on emerging digital technologies, but also on the standards, architectures and business frameworks that support and enable the transition to and implementation of the modern Digital Enterprise.
The plenary presentations on Monday and Tuesday will focus on managing digital enterprises and how organizations can use Enterprise Architecture in relation to digital transformation. Trevor Cheung, Vice President of Strategy and Architecture Practice, Huawei Group will discuss ‘Going Digital With a Human Face: The Importance of Empathy’ at the first session on Monday, October 29.
During a session with Sonia Gonzalez Paredes, Forum Director, Architecture and ArchiMate Forums, The Open Group on Tuesday October 30, members will learn how Enterprise Architecture as a practice and the application of open standards like the TOGAF® Standard, Version 9.2 and ArchiMate® modeling language (both standards of The Open Group) can support a digital transformation journey.
Key speakers at the event, taking place at InterContinental Singapore, include:
- Steve Nunn, President & CEO, The Open Group
- Sonia Gonzalez Paredes, Forum Director, Architecture and ArchiMate Forums, The Open Group
- Trevor Cheung, Vice President of Strategy and Architecture Practice, Huawei Group
- David Cannon, VP, Consulting Director, Forrester
- David Wheable, VP, Forrester
- Jim Hietala, Vice President, Business Development and Security, The Open Group
- Kary Främling, Professor in Computer Science, Aalto University
- Bradley G. Houk, Senior Engineering Advisor, ExxonMobil
Additional key topics of discussion include:
- TOGAF® User Group Meeting– this meeting on Wednesday, October 31 is free to attend and aims to bring TOGAF stakeholders and users together to share information, best practices and to learn from each other
- TOGAF® Essentials 2018 Course– on Wednesday, October 31, this three hour training course enables delegates to gain up-to-date knowledge and an understanding of the changes made to the TOGAF Body of Knowledge in 2018
- Enterprise Architecture– track sessions on using EA in digital transformation and case studies on how to use standards from The Open Group as part of this process
- Thinking Digital First– presentations on the strategies, resources, services, and assets involved in creating and managing product offerings with a digital component, and in the digital transformation of an organization
- Process Automation– presentations by The Open Group Open Process Automation™ Forum on developing a standards-based, open, secure, interoperable process control architecture
Full details of the agenda and speakers at the event can be found here.
Registration for The Open Group Singapore event is open now and is available to members and non-members. More information can be found here.
About The Open Group
The Open Group is an international vendor–‐and technology–‐neutral consortium upon which organizations rely to lead the development of technology standards and certifications, and to provide them with access to key industry peers, suppliers, and best practices. The Open Group provides guidance and an open environment in order to ensure interoperability and vendor neutrality. Further information on The Open Group can be found at www.opengroup.org.