The Open Group, the vendor-neutral technology standards consortium, is hosting its upcoming event in Houston, Texas, July 23 – 26, 2018. The Open Group Houston 2018 – Digital Transformation in the Energy Industry – will bring together vendors and end user organizations to discuss the development of standards-based and interoperable architecture, with a particular focus on technical and business issues for process automation.
The Open Group Open Process Automation™ Forum’s vision is a standards-based, open, secure, and interoperable process control architecture. The event will explore how this will be achieved by developing, publishing, and evolving a realistic open architecture and specifications that will be supported by industry end users, suppliers, and integrators.
There will be opportunities to discuss best practice with leading experts and users from around the world at the Internet of Things (IoT) Workshop, Wednesday July 25. This workshop will explore a practical smart solution to the waste collection problem using The Open Group Open Platform 3.0™ standards and methodologies, and discuss how these techniques could be extended to a wide range of applications.
Members will also be able to learn about the application of Open FAIR™ concepts and the spreadsheet risk analysis tool, developed by The Open Group, to process control risk scenarios, during the Risk Analysis in Process Control: Facilitated Workshop, Wednesday July 25.
Key speakers at the event, taking place at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, include:
- Steve Nunn, President & CEO, The Open Group
- David Lounsbury, CTO and VP, Services, The Open Group
- Jim Hietala, Vice President, Business Development and Security, The Open Group
- Michelle Supper, Director of the Open Platform 3.0™ Forum, The Open Group
- Peter Martin, VP Innovation, Schneider Electric
- Harry Forbes, Research Director, ARC Advisory Group
- Jim Wetzel, interim CEO, Clean Energy Smart Manufacturing Innovation Institute
- Maureen Norton, Chief Analytics Officer & Marketing Intelligence Professional, IBM
- Don Clark, VP and Schneider Fellow, Schneider Electric
Additional key topics and sessions at the event include:
- TOGAF® Standard – update on latest version of the TOGAF® standard and the supporting documents in the TOGAF Library. There will be an emphasis on the practical application of the TOGAF standard with case studies from both public and private organizations
- ArchiMate® 3 Foundation Training Course – two-day course provided by The Open Group and BiZZdesign for those who want to learn about and apply ArchiMate® as a modeling language
- IT Management – industry-leading experts will discuss the latest topics that are having an impact on IT management; will focus on how organizations are using the IT4IT™ Reference Architecture standard as an outstanding planning mechanism to help with digital transformation
- Digital Practitioners – plenary session exploring the common themes of digital practice, including models for digital businesses, key digital capabilities, and how to develop and manage a digital workforce
Full details on the agenda and speakers at the event can be found here.
Registration for The Open Group Houston event is open now and is available to members and non-members. More information can be found here.