The Open Group, the vendor-neutral IT consortium, is hosting its upcoming event in Amsterdam, October 23-26, 2017. The Open Group Amsterdam 2017 will focus on Architecting the Digital Enterprise, bringing together vendors and end-user organizations to discuss how to architect the new digital enterprise.
The event will specifically address the topic of ‘Making Standards Work®’. Its focus will be on how Enterprise Architecture and standards such as the TOGAF® framework, ArchiMate® modeling language, and IT4IT™ reference architecture (for managing the business of IT) are empowering companies to build better systems by architecting for digital business strategies.
An ArchiMate® User Group Meeting will be held on October 25. This is a free event which aims to bring together ArchiMate® users and stakeholders to share information, best practices and learn from each other.
Key speakers at the event, taking place at the Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel, include:
- Steve Nunn, President & CEO, The Open Group
- David Lounsbury, Chief Technical Officer & Vice President, Services for The Open Group
- Rose Schooler, Vice President & General Manager, Global IOT Sales, Intel Corporation
- Dr. Nicolas Mayer, Senior Research & Technology Associate, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
- Juan Aparicio, Head of Advanced Manufacturing Automation, Siemens Corporate Technology
- Trevor Cheung, Vice President of Strategy & Architecture Practice, Huawei Global Services
- Michael Fitzgerald, Vice President & Global Leader, Digital Strategy and Transformation, DXC Technology and Consulting
- Rob Akershoek, IT Management Architect, Logicalis SMC
Full details on the range of track speakers at the event can be found here.
Additional highlights at the event include:
- Digital Transformation – Plenary sessions including a case study presentation from the Schiphol Group on digital transformation using the TOGAF framework and ArchiMate modeling language.
- IT Management Professionals Day – On Wednesday, October 25, industry leading experts will discuss the latest topics that are having an impact on IT management. Attendees will find out how organizations are using the IT4IT™ Reference Architecture standard as an outstanding planning mechanism to help with digital transformation.
- EA & Government – Hear about the increasing awareness of EA and the growing adoption of TOGAF®, an Open Group standard, in governments across the globe.
- Process Automation – Presentations by The Open Group Open Process Automation™ Forum will be held on developing a standards-based, open, secure, interoperable process control architecture.
Registration for The Open Group Amsterdam event is open now and is available to members and non-members. More information can be found here.