The Open Group, the vendor-neutral IT consortium, is hosting its latest event in Austin, TX, USA July 18—21, 2016. The event, taking place at Austin’s Four Seasons Hotel, will focus on open standards, open source and how to enable Boundaryless Information Flow™.
Industry experts will explain how organizations can use openness as an advantage and how the use of both open standards and open source can help enterprises support their digital business strategies. Sessions will look at the opportunities, advantages, risks and challenges of openness within organizations.
The event features key industry speakers including:
- Steve Nunn, President & CEO, The Open Group
- Dr. Ben Calloni, Fellow, Cybersecurity, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
- Rick Solis, IT Business Architect, ExxonMobil Global Services Co
- Zahid Hossain, Director, IT Architecture, Nationwide
- William Wimsatt, Oracle Business Architect, Oracle
Full details on the agenda and speakers can be found here.
The Open Business Architecture Standard (O-BA) and ArchiMate® 3.0, a new standard for Architecture, will be the focus of Monday’s keynote sessions. There will also be a significant emphasis on IT4IT™, with the Tuesday plenary and tracks looking at using and implementing the IT4IT™ Reference Architecture Version 2.0 standard.
Further topics to be covered at the event include:
- Open Platform 3.0™ – driving Lean Digital Architecture and large scale enterprise managed cloud integration
- ArchiMate® – New features and practical use cases
Member meetings will take place throughout the course of the three-day event as well as the next TOGAF® User Group meeting taking place on July 20.
Registration for The Open Group Austin event is open now, is available to members and non-members, and can be found here.
For media queries, please contact:
+44 207 608 4638