The Open Group, the vendor-neutral IT consortium, is hosting its next event in San Francisco January 25-28. The Open Group San Francisco 2016 will focus on how Enterprise Architecture is empowering companies to build better systems by architecting for digital business strategies. The event will go into depth on this topic through various individual sessions and keynotes.
Some of the many topics of discussion at the event include Business Architecture; how to architect systems using tools and frameworks such as TOGAF® and ArchiMate® (both Open Group standards); Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud (SMAC); Risk Management and Cybersecurity; Business Transformation; Professional Development, and improving the security and dependability of IT, including the global supply chain on which they rely.
Key speakers at the event, taking place at San Francisco’s Marriott Union Square, include:
- Steve Nunn, President & CEO, The Open Group
- Trevor Cheung, VP Strategy and Architecture Practice, Huawei Global Services
- Jeff Matthews, Director of Venture Strategy and Research, Space Frontier Foundation
- Ajit Gaddam, Chief Security Architect, Visa
- Eric Cohen, Chief Enterprise Architect, Thales
- Heather Kreger, Distinguished Engineer, CTO International Standards, IBM
Full details on the range of track speakers at the event can be found here.
There will also be the inaugural TOGAF® User Group meeting taking place on January 25. Facilitated breakout sessions will bring together key stakeholders and users to share best practices, information and learn from each other.
Other subject areas at the three day event will include:
- Open Platform 3.0™ – The Customer Experience and Digital Business
- IT4IT™ – Managing the Business of IT. Case study presentations and a vendor panel to discuss the release of The Open Group IT4IT Reference Architecture Version 2.0 standard
- Plus deep dive presentations into the four streams of the IT Value Chain along with the latest information on the IT4IT training and certification program.
- EA & Business Transformation – Understand what role EA, as currently practiced, plays in Business Transformation, especially transformations driven by emerging and disruptive technologies.
- Risk, Dependability & Trusted Technology – The cybersecurity connection – securing the global supply chain.
- Enabling Healthcare
- TOGAF® 9 and ArchiMate® – Case studies and the harmonization of the standards.
- Understand how to develop better interoperability & communication across organizational boundaries and pursue global standards for Enterprise Architecture that are highly relevant to all industries.
Registration for The Open Group San Francisco is open now, is available to members and non-members, and can be found here.
Join the conversation @theopengroup #ogSFO