By The Open Group
The Open Group, the vendor-neutral IT consortium, is hosting its latest event in Edinburgh October 19-22 2015. The Open Group Edinburgh 2015 will focus on the challenge of architecting a Boundaryless Organization in an age of new technology and changing trends. The event will look at this issue in more depth during individual sessions on October 19 and 20 around Cybersecurity, Risk, Internet of Things and Enterprise Architecture.
Key speakers at the event include:
- Allen Brown, President & CEO, The Open Group
- Steve Cole, CIO, BAE Systems Submarine Solutions
- John Wilcock, Head of Operations Transformation, BAE Systems Submarine Solutions
- Mark Orsborn, Director, IoT EMEA, Salesforce
- Heather Kreger, CTO, International Standards, IBM
- Kevin Coyle, Solution Architect, the Student Loans Company
- Rob Akershoek, Solution Architect, Shell International
Full details on the range of track speakers at the event can be found here.
The event, which is being held at Edinburgh’s International Conference Centre, provides attendees with the opportunity to participate in Forums and Work Groups to help develop the next generation of certifications and standards. Attendees will be able to learn from the experiences of their peers and gain valuable knowledge from other relevant industry experts, such as a detailed case study of how BAE Submarines introduced an Enterprise Architecture approach to transform their Business Operations.
Attendees will also be able to hear about the upcoming launch of the new IT4IT™ Reference Architecture v2.0 Standard and hear from Mary Jarrett, IT4IT Manager at Shell, on “Why Shell is Adopting an Open Standard for Managing IT”.
Additional key topics of discussion at the Edinburgh event include:
- An architected approach to Business Transformation in the manufacturing sector
- The Boundaryless Organization and Boundaryless Information Flow™, and their relevance to information technology executives today
- The role of Enterprise Architecture in Business Transformation, especially transformations riven by merging and disruptive technologies
- Risk, Dependability & Trusted Technology: the Cybersecurity connection and securing the global supply chain.
- Open Platform 3.0™ – Social, Mobile, Big Data & Analytics, Cloud and SOA – how organizations can achieve business objectives by adopting new technologies and processes as part of Business Transformation management principles
- IT4IT™ – A new operating model to manage the business of IT, providing prescriptive guidance on how to design, procure and implement the functionality required to run IT
- Enabling healthcare interoperability
- Developing better interoperability and communication across organizational boundaries and pursuing global standards for Enterprise Architecture that are highly relevant to all industries
The Open Group will be hosting a networking event at Edinburgh Castle on Tuesday October 20, with an evening of traditional Scottish food and entertainment.
Registration for The Open Group Edinburgh is open now and available to members and non-members and can be found here.