By The Open Group
The next Open Group Summit will cover the major issues and trends surrounding Boundaryless Information Flow™ on May 12-14 in Amsterdam. The event will feature presentations from leading companies, including IBM and Philips, on the key challenges facing effective information integration and enabling boundaryless information, as well as a day dedicated to ArchiMate®, a modeling language for Enterprise Architecture.
Boundaryless Information Flow™:
Boundaryless Information Flow, a shorthand representation of “access to integrated information to support business process improvements,” represents a desired state of an enterprise’s infrastructure that provides services to customers in an extended enterprise with the right information, at the right time and in the right context.
The Amsterdam Summit will bring together many individuals from throughout the globe to discuss key areas to enable Boundaryless Information Flow, including:
- How EA and business processes can be used to facilitate integrated access to integrated information by staff, customers, suppliers and partners, to support the business
- How organizations can achieve their business objectives by adopting new technologies and processes as part of the Enterprise Transformation management principles – making the whole process more a matter of design than of chance
- How organizations move towards the interoperable enterprise, switching focus from IT-centric to enterprise-centric
On May 14, there will be an entire day dedicated to ArchiMate®, an Open Group standard. ArchiMate is an open and independent modelling language for enterprise architecture that is supported by different tool vendors and consulting firms. ArchiMate provides instruments to enable enterprise architects to describe, analyze and visualize the relationships among business domains in an unambiguous way. ArchiMate Day is appropriately located, as The Netherlands ranks as the number 1 country in the world for the number of ArchiMate® 2 certified individuals and as the number 3 country in the world for the number of TOGAF® 9 certified individuals.
The ArchiMate Day will provide the opportunity for attendees to:
- Interact directly with other ArchiMate users and tool providers
- Listen and understand how ArchiMate can be used to develop solutions to common industry problems
- Learn about the future directions and meet with key users and developers of the language and tools
- Interact with peers to broaden your expertise and knowledge in the ArchiMate language
Don’t wait to register! Early Bird registration ends March 30, 2014 Register now!