By Patty Donovan, The Open Group
Last week, we announced our upcoming tweet jam on Thursday, June 6 at 9:00 a.m. PT/12:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. BST, which will examine how convergent technologies such as Big Data, Social, Mobile and The Internet of Things are impacting today’s business operations. We will also discuss the opportunities available to those organizations who keep pace with this rapid pace of change and how they might take steps to get there.
The discussion will be moderated by Dana Gardner (@Dana_Gardner), ZDNet – Briefings Direct, and we welcome both members of The Open Group and interested participants alike to join the session.
The discussion will be guided by these five questions:
- Does your organization see a convergence of emerging technologies such as social networking, mobile, cloud and the internet of things?
- How has this convergence affected your business?
- Are these changes causing you to change your IT platform; if so how?
- How is the data created by this convergence affecting business models or how you make business decisions?
- What new IT capabilities are needed to support new business models and decision making?
For more information about the tweet jam, guidelines and general background information, please visit our previous blog post.
If you have any questions prior to the event or would like to join as a participant, please direct them to Rob Checkal (rob.checkal at hotwirepr dot com) or leave a comment below. We anticipate a lively chat and hope you will be able to join us!
Patricia Donovan is Vice President, Membership & Events, at The Open Group and a member of its executive management team. In this role she is involved in determining the company’s strategic direction and policy as well as the overall management of that business area. Patricia joined The Open Group in 1988 and has played a key role in the organization’s evolution, development and growth since then. She also oversees the company’s marketing, conferences and member meetings. She is based in the U.S.