By The Open Group Conference Team
The Open Group is busy gearing up for the Newport Beach Conference. Taking place January 28-31, 2013, the conference theme is “Big Data – The Transformation We Need to Embrace Today” and will bring together leading minds in technology to discuss the challenges and solutions facing Enterprise Architecture around the growth of Big Data. Register today!
Information is power, and we stand at a time when 90% of the data in the world today was generated in the last two years alone. Despite the sheer enormity of the task, off the shelf hardware, open source frameworks, and the processing capacity of the Cloud, mean that Big Data processing is within the cost-effective grasp of the average business. Organizations can now initiate Big Data projects without significant investment in IT infrastructure.
In addition to tutorial sessions on TOGAF® and ArchiMate®, the conference offers roughly 60 sessions on a varied of topics including:
- The ways that Cloud Computing is transforming the possibilities for collecting, storing, and processing big data.
- How to contend with Big Data in your Enterprise?
- How does Big Data enable your Business Architecture?
- What does the Big Data revolution mean for the Enterprise Architect?
- Real-time analysis of Big Data in the Cloud.
- Security challenges in the world of outsourced data.
- What is an architectural view of Security for the Cloud?
Plenary speakers include:
- Christian Verstraete, Chief Technologist – Cloud Strategy, HP
- Mary Ann Mezzapelle, Strategist – Security Services, HP
- Michael Cavaretta, Ph.D, Technical Leader, Predictive Analytics / Data Mining Research and Advanced Engineering, Ford Motor Company
- Adrian Lane, Analyst and Chief Technical Officer, Securosis
- David Potter, Chief Technical Officer, Promise Innovation Oy
- Ron Schuldt, Senior Partner, UDEF-IT, LLC
A full conference agenda is available here. Tracks include:
- Architecting Big Data
- Big Data and Cloud Security
- Data Architecture and Big Data
- Business Architecture
- Distributed Services Architecture
- EA and Disruptive Technologies
- Architecting the Cloud
- Cloud Computing for Business
Early Bird Registration
Early Bird registration for The Open Group Conference in Newport Beach ends January 4. Register now and save! For more information or to register: http://www.opengroup.org/event/open-group-newport-beach-2013/reg
Upcoming Conference Submission Deadlines
In addition to the Early Bird registration deadline to attend the Newport Beach conference, there are upcoming deadlines for speaker proposal submissions to Open Group conferences in Sydney, Philadelphia and London. To submit a proposal to speak, click here.
|Venue||Industry Focus||Submission Deadline|
|Sydney (April 15-17)||Finance, Defense, Mining||January 18, 2013|
|Philadelphia (July 15-17)||Healthcare, Finance, Defense||April 5, 2013|
|London (October 21-23)||Finance, Government, Healthcare||July 8, 2013|
We expect space on the agendas of these events to be at a premium, so it is important for proposals to be submitted as early as possible. Proposals received after the deadline dates will still be considered, if space is available; if not, they may be carried over to a future conference. Priority will be given to proposals received by the deadline dates and to proposals that include an end-user organization, at least as a co-presenter.