By Patty Donovan, The Open Group
The Open Group Blog is celebrating its second birthday this month! Over the past few years, our blog posts have tended to cover Open Group activities – conferences, announcements, our lovely members, etc. While several members and Open Group staff serve as regular contributors, we’d like to take this opportunity to invite our community members to share their thoughts and expertise on topics related to The Open Group’s areas of expertise as guest contributors.
Here are a few examples of popular guest blog posts that we’ve received over the past year
- “Are Your Business Process Management and Business Architecture a Perfect Match?,” by Serge Thorn, Architecting the Enterprise
- “Enterprise Architects and Paradigm Shifts,” by Stuart Boardman, KPN
- “It Is a Big World for Big Data After All,” by E.G. Nadhan, HP
Blog posts generally run between 500 and 800 words and address topics relevant to The Open Group workgroups, forums, consortiums and events. Some suggested topics are listed below.
- Big Data
- Business Architecture
- Cloud Computing
- Conference recaps
- Enterprise Architecture
- Enterprise Management
- Future of Airborne Capability Environment (FACE™)
- Governing Board Businesses
- Governing Board Certified Architects
- Governing Board Certified IT Specialists
- Identity Management
- IT Security
- The Jericho Forum
- The Open Group Trusted Technology Forum (OTTF)
- Quantum Lifecycle Management
- Real-Time Embedded Systems
- Semantic Interoperability
- Service-Oriented Architecture
If you have any questions or would like to contribute, please contact opengroup (at) bateman-group.com.
Please note that all content submitted to The Open Group blog is subject to The Open Group approval process. The Open Group reserves the right to deny publication of any contributed works. Anything published shall be copyright of The Open Group.
Patricia Donovan is Vice President, Membership & Events, at The Open Group and a member of its executive management team. In this role she is involved in determining the company’s strategic direction and policy as well as the overall management of that business area. Patricia joined The Open Group in 1988 and has played a key role in the organization’s evolution, development and growth since then. She also oversees the company’s marketing, conferences and member meetings. She is based in the U.S.